|Era Founded||First Pass|
|Major Holds||Fort Hold, Southern Boll Hold, Ruatha Hold|
Fort Hold, Southern Boll Hold and Ruatha Hold were beholden to Fort Weyr. Although the borders changed over the years, by the Ninth Pass, Fort Weyr's area of protection generally matched the borders of the three Holds it protected.
Fort and Benden Weyrs were the only two Weyrs to be partly excavated using the stonecutter equipment brought north by the miners. As a result, the wall are smoother then, the other Weyrs which are hand carved
Fort Weyr is said to be the largest Weyr on Pern. Since Benden Weyr is known to have a capacity of five hundred dragons by the Ninth Pass, and Telgar Weyr had achieved a six hundred dragon capacity by the Second Pass, it can be assumed that Fort Weyr has a capacity of something over six hundred dragons.
It should be noted that a Weyr's capacity changes over the years, as riders make expansions and carve out new Weyrs for themselves. For example, the capacity of all Pern's Weyrs went from 2300 Dragons in the Sixth Pass to 3000 Dragons in the Eighth and Ninth Passes. Early in the First Pass, Fort Weyr was said to have 520 dragons.
- Sean Connell and bronze Carenath; Weyrwoman Sorka Hanrahan and gold Faranth.
- D'mal and bronze; Weyrwoman Nara.
First Interval/Second Pass
- G'lir and bronze [] ;
- D'mal and bronze [] ; Weyrwoman Nara and gold Hinirth.
- K'lior and bronze Rineth; Weyrwoman Cisca and gold Melirth.
- L'mal and bronze Clinnith; Weyrwoman Leri and gold Holth.
- Sh'gall and bronze Kadith; Weyrwoman Moreta and gold Orlith.
- G'drel and bronze Dorianth; Weyrwoman Kamiana and gold Pelianth.
(Canonicity Banner here)
Eighth Pass/Second Long Interval
Under T'ron and Mardra's leadership, the inhabitants of Fort Weyr went forward in time, leaving the Weyr un-occupied until the Ninth Pass.
- T'ron (also called T'ton) and bronze Fidranth; Weyrwoman Mardra and gold Loranth.
- P'zar (acting Weyrleader) and bronze Roth; Weyrwoman Margatta and gold Ludeth?
- N'ton and bronze Lioth; Weyrwoman Margatta and gold Ludeth.
|This article is a stub. You can help Pern Wiki by expanding it.
- While earlier Pern novels stated that only Fort Weyr and Benden Weyr were founded in the First Pass, it was later revealed that all six Northern Weyrs had been founded by the end of the First Pass. This can easily be explained as a result of Weyr records decaying over time, and thus creating confusion about when the Weyrs were founded.
- Oddly, D'mal and Nara are mentioned as being the Weyrleaders of Fort Weyr in two completely different eras of Pernese history; first in the late First Pass and early First Interval, and again in the late Second Interval. It can be safely assumed that this is an inconsistency, and as such, their names being the same should be viewed as a coincidence.